Our First Date
May 20, 2013
One of the things I enjoy most about consulting is that first conversation with a potential new client. It is not unlike a first date, when we hope to present our best self, share values and maybe dreams, understand worldviews and connect with another person. It can be the beginning of a shared journey or an amicable parting of ways.
We think entering into a consulting relationship is not that different. Research and our experience tell us that effective consulting is about alignment of values and purpose, complimentary styles and approaches. It, works best when each party “gets” the other, when working together makes each stronger. The ideal result is a positive transformation through the relationship.
Our new website, which we refer to internally as jdcP 3.0, is our first date with you. We hope that, as you move through the pages, read the words, click on links, and take in the images and metaphors, you get a sense of us. But just in case you prefer bullets, here are five things for you to know:
- We embrace the complexity of the work you do. It does not scare us. In fact, we like it.
- We look for clients who know themselves and are willing to push the boundaries of what they can be.
- We will bring as much to the table as you do. By leveraging our collective strengths and expertise, so much more is possible.
- We learn something new from each client engagement and in return we leave you stronger than before we came.
- We want to partner with you in this work. We will be there in the early stages, when things look grey and out of focus and will be with you to help make things clearer.